Friday, November 7, 2008

Prawn Search, ended up with Goat

I've never been a big fan of cooking shows. Consequently, my grasp of cooking world is a little hazy. All I know is to order and eat.

For help, I turn to mum =D

We headed to Chow Kit Pasar to get some cheap and fresh prawns. The experience was quite clumsy because I wore a slippery pair of sandals *doink*

Unfortunately, all the bigger prawns were gone by the time we got there, about 1.30pm. I searched the whole wet market but could only find a handful of leftover sea prawns. =(

On the bright side, mum got a huge papaya for only RM 4.00.
Do you know how to pick a nice papaya?
Look for those which is FAT and curvy.

And she 'ta pao' her favourite sup kambing. Located just outside Chow Kit wet market beside a textile shop with yellow sign board name "Sutra Rashidah". Same row with the Fire Station. A huge bowl of sup kambing is just for RM 3 - 4. Opens at noon until midnight.

The stall with blue and white stripe tent in the picture. Goat soup, Chicken soup and varieties of side dishes to go with the soup.

Well, looks like I have to eat out for dinner. My bad, I promised to cook something. Heading out to M Circle Opening @ Starhill, KL. It used to be Tiffin Bay, a cafe but Mike turn it into a club. Yeay, a new place to hang out at night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw your comment on Mashable and visited the link. These are great pictures, nice story too.

jolinarodriguez said...

Hello
nice shot... where is the location of this place?

same
jolinarodriguez