Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Double weddings

mandy and anddie weddingWedding could be pretty awkward for single girls as I attended two weddings in within 7 days, one for Chloe – my elder sister and Chris, and the other Mandy and Anddie – my elder brother.

“It’s time for the bouquet tossing, single ladies step ahead!"

“Go on, go,” they told me, as I was pushed to the centre of the empty floor – alone – anxious for the other singles to join me. I could hear my heart beating outside of my chest. I could see all the guests turn to look at me. Luckily there were 3 more single girls to join me. Phew.

The moment Chloe toss it, all the girls ran away! Leaving me alone with ShawnShawn (Cling’s son – my nephew). WTH?! Well, eventually. We decided to pass the bouquet to ShawnShawn, since he wanted it badly. 

kyanmay passing the wedding bouquet to ShawnShawn – By Shawn Tan.IMGP6167

I never felt closer to true love or further away from it than I did last week. My elder sister married the man of the family. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen two people more happier and more suited for one another. They never seem to be tire of making each other happy.

On the Registration of Marriage morning, Chloe was late because we had too many things to take care of - hair, makeup, documents to bring and so on. Chris called and jokingly said, “Whoa~! If you’re not getting any faster, I won’t get to marry you!” He was anxiously waiting for our arrival at home.

At Registration of Marriage, Putrajaya! I now pronounce you Husband + Wife.  By Shawn TanChloe + Chris wedding

As pleased as I am to go to weddings, attending them while single does leave you open to a certain degree of public humiliation. Those annoying friends and distant relatives conversations repeatedly goes something like this:

Relative: Any boyfriend?

kyanmay: No.

Relative: Whaaat? No boyfriend?! Are they crazy???

I just nodded my head and agreed, then she grabbed my chin and started waving my face to everyone.

Relative: Look, so beautiful. They crazy. CRAZY.

Well, of course. My next course of action was to pick up my bag and quickly move to another table far far away.

Now, back to Mandy + Anddie’s wedding. It was a simple yet warm lunch reception at dad’s house. All guests were close friends of the couple and relatives. A lot of catching up.

Mum + Mandy + kyanmaymandy and anddie weddingWishes + notes to Mandy + Anddiemandy and anddie weddingThe two happily married couples in a frame. mandy and anddie wedding

Anddie made the frame himself for photograph session – Awesome!

mandy and anddie wedding 

More pictures on