Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mum is the Word!

I have a puzzle: On a holiday invented by cheesy greeting card and flower companies, it’s strangely unacceptable to buy the celebrated party (Mum) a cheesy greeting card and flowers.

Why? Because she said so. Mum told me, “You better shop around~! Watya waiting for?”

This year, Chloe and I will buy mum a comfort chair. It’s neither Osim nor Ogawa, just a chair from Ikea. She has been complaining on the sofa’s depth is too deep; left the leg hanging out half way. Eventually, it causes her back pain and calf discomfort. Nevertheless, Mum’s first priority is a kitchen revamp with more table top equipped induction cooker. Neither of us can afford this.
So, we’ll leave it to Dad to deal with it.

My Mum? She’s one cool yet talkative mum. She knows a lot of things as she watches TV all the time. She’d update me the news or something new she learned everyday when I get home. She knows the right thing to do whenever I am down, she’d cook something nice and smells so good with the intention to distract me from my sorrow and drown into her delicacies. Most of the time, I will clear up the plate before she could even lay her hand on it. She has total trust in me in the way I do things; hardly questions me on the decisions I made. I’d always turn to her when I need to get something easy yet I’m clueless on it, she knows all the details of small little things that I normally never take note on.


The two people I could never live without.

3 comments:

yinmei said...

girl,

did u just cut ur hair?

looks good!

kyanmay said...

really? i'm gonna cut it then..it was last year's photo..i don't have any devices that's capable to capturing photos now...

Brian Lee said...

got.... *wink*