Friday, March 28, 2008

careless = car "less"

"Pada hari 26/03/08 pukul 12.30 tengah hari saya memandu kereta bernombor WKP 8085 jenis Kancil..."

Seems familiar? Well, I hope not! That's the report I wrote in the police station after a road accident the other day. It happened when on my way home at the junction after Asia Jaya LRT Station. I was heading straight on Jalan Utara towards Seksyen 14 and a Proton Saga came from the left junction quickly. It all happened in a blink, it was too late for me to brake when I see it coming.

Bang~! That sound nearly cracked my head..

The impact was not major but my mind went blank and my head spins. At that moment, everything seems so blur and I cant tell what is happening around me. Oh, oppss..no wonder, my glasses fell off.

Reality hits: cars behind honking and people started yelling. So I step out of the car, the normal procedure.

Step 1

  • S.O.S. Call for help. Well, I called my dad and the conversation was not pleasant. He always remind me to be careful on the road. Not just myself but I have to master how to prevent others' too.
Step 2
  • Take picture of the damages. DOINK! I realised, my classic blue screen walkie talkie doesn't have a camera function. The other car was immobile as my car hit it straight on the front tire. Well, we had to wait until the tow car arrive and move it away.
Step 3
  • Move the car to somewhere else to clear the road and prevent another accident to happen. As we know, Malaysians are very concerned with surroundings while neglecting their driving attention. Now is the time to digest what just happened in my car alone. What is next? Who to call? How it happened?
Step 4
  • Get the other car plate no and contact details. All these are needed in the police report and insurance claims.
Step 5
  • Malaysia's road sign aren't very significant, thus look carefully around to find out the name of the road where the accident happen and the road where the other car came from too.
  • It makes it easier to explain to the police officer.
The waiting process before my dad arrives was awful. The man accused me for talking on the phone while driving. WTH?! No, of course I did not! Tow man trying to lure business from me. The sun + heat, the honking, the false allegation and people bugging me...ARGGHHH~!

I walked off to the shade across and started to pretend busy on the phone before I burst into anger.

Thanks to Matthew, that disastrous moment went by much quicker than it would be. We talked over the phone to keep myself distracted from everybody else that gives me headache until my dad arrives.

Step 6
  • Check if there is any leakage from the car. The radiator was broken, it is best not to drive it any further. The technician arrives about 10 mins later.
Step 7
  • Lodge a police report at the nearest main police station. Haha..this part is funny. I sat there writing the report next to a guy just as clueless as I am. The officer came to rescue me clicking a few buttons making everything right nicely but when the guy ask for help...haha...
Bear in mind, things needed:
  • Pictures of accident scene and damages
  • Plate no of the other car
  • Contact of the person
  • Street No
  • Identification Card and Driving License
Finally, I've say goodbye to my car and wont be seeing her for 3 weeks, at least. I knocked out the moment I step into my room. Gosh, what a day! My things to do that day was to finish up 2 of my assignments due on Friday but the headache was so bad I cant even make another move.

zzzzz...

0 comments: