Sunday, March 2, 2008

Torment Chamber

Last Friday night, Renee and I figured a new way to torture our feet. Instead of putting on a pair of 4 inch heels and dance all night in the club, we went for foot reflexology! Well, it is gonna be painful anyway, so might as well do some good to our body for all the pain.

According to Wikipedia, it helps to reduce stress. Because the feet helps set the tension level for the rest of the body, they are an easy way to interrupt the stress signal and reset homeostasis, the body's equilibrium.

It was my second time and Renee's first time! After strolling around Bukit Bintang stretch, we figured we need to find a better torment chamber with nice atmosphere. Those in town are a little exposed for us, newbies. So we headed to Telawi - Bangsar, a place called "Morinokaze".



I briefed Renee when we were on the way, how is it gonna be like? .. my first time experience. I'm glad that this place provide privacy for the customers, we have our own room aka torment chamber. As expected, the moment we dipped our foot into the hot water .. we started laughing because of the ticklish sensation. We both took a least 5 mins to calm ourselves down..and the masseurs look terrified. If it is exposed to everybody else in the same hall, they would have chased us out within the first 10 mins for making so much noise.

The masseur A started with rub, pressed and squeeze my feet. It was painful and ticklish, trying to hold back my laughter cause I know it is contagious to my dear friend beside me. Struggling..struggling..UUMPPHHH~! Finally I smiled facing away from her but somehow she noticed and we burst into laughter again. Renee was about to kick her masseur B due to her reflex reaction for tickling her. Poor thing, both of them.


For the whole 60 minutes -
applying pressure to very specific parts of my feet, which she said corresponded to various part of my body. It was hell for the four of us in the nice little torment chamber.
  • Renee was holding back her laughter,
  • I was in pain,
  • Masseur A was terrified - not knowing when Renee will kick her,
  • Masseur B was trying very hard to not make me laugh and cry at the same time.
The session ended at 2 a.m. - It was raining, we had to walk slowly in the rain back to our car parked at the other end. Our feet applied with cream and essential oil from the reflexology turns sticky and slippery when in contact with water. Plus my lousy flip flops isn't safe to be used in rainy days + pain. What a new experience for Friday night.


0 comments: