Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Slimming plan – Week 2

TWO weeks into my slimming efforts and things are hanging by the thread over on the up side.

I’m feeling healthier, fitter – and definitely thinner – and the plan seems to be getting easier to follow by the day (at least I try to think of it in such a way).

I’ve found various guilt-free food to eat out, such as nicoise salad, rocket salad, Caesar salad with less dressing, and the beauty of this is that I can eat as much of them as I want.

As I’ve stocked my fridge up with grapes, kiwi, strawberries and bananas I’m rarely hungry and my cravings are starting to diminish – though the one thing that’s driving me to distraction is the look of the tiramisu as I walk down Jalan Telawi passing by Alexis. 

Normally it wouldn’t even occur to me to want a slice of rum soaked fingers with mascarpone cheese, but now it’s forbidden fruit it seems like the ultimate treat to my sweet-starved tastebuds.

The other thing that’s proving hard to stick to is my chocolate allowance. The one thing I can’t live without is my Godiva praline. I chain-eat – whenever one box is finished I still have like 5 boxes piled in my fridge.

This doesn’t fit in very well with having to stick to about 8 pieces of praline a day.

But despite my mind playing tricks on me and taunting me with char kuey teow, bbq fried chicken, char siew and banofee pie – as well as piled up golden boxes of Godiva – I’ve been a good girl and pretty much stuck to the plan (well, i slacked a bit but I controlled myself by just taste eating – not more than 2 bites)

To prove it – and to help with my willpower – I’m writing down every morsel that passes my lips on a child-like diet sheet that encourages me to give myself a smiley or a sad face at the end each day (Shin Chan style, sticker ‘budak baik’ and ‘sticker ‘budak jahat’). Last 2 days wasn’t very impressive because I was exposed to many temptations.

The devil in me wants to have a night on the tiles and then draw a face with a massive grin, downing a bottle of wine, and so far I’m getting nearer. That’s why I‘m writing this down to make myself aware of it.

The main thing keeping me going is the fact that I’ve lost 2kg already which proves the plan works and as I publish this, I am hoping for another 2kg at the next weigh-in.

So for now I’m wolfing piles of fruit, tossing rocket salad and mixing meal replacement powder with ice cold water, in the hope of squeezing into those size 8 jeans in two weeks time.